Thursday, September 6, 2007

Best Weekend Ever! (Back from Pomonkey)


Roy C's 50th Anniversary of live performances was probably the best party I have ever been to. Donnie Ray put it down, Lee Fields put it down, and I don't have to tell you that Roy C. put it down!.... Twice! Ryan Walker took off on this journey with me to run a camera. We flew into Baltimore and drove to Pomonkey, MD. The next day was the big show. There was a crowd of more then 2000 people of all ages at Lamont's to pay tribute to the legend Roy C. The fans of Roy C. are the most dedicated fans I have ever seen. Most of them have been fans of Roy's for over 20 years and love ALL of his songs. Roy played a 1 hour set outside and then a 50 minute set inside Lamont's club. It was a scene man! That place was packed son! We had the best time drinking with all the fans after the show and I'm sure I still owe a few of you drinks. Thank you for the best time of my life.

7 comments:

Mr. Ellington said...

WOW...I was just saying to my wife that someone needs to do a documentary about Roy C (also posted that on Sould Detective)....and you guys are already doing it!!! FANTASTIC. I'll be the first in line to buy it. I hope that there will be footage of an entire performance...This stuff needs to be recorded for posterity. I've seen Roy C. several times over the years and I can never get enough of his style & music. Can someone please convince him to do a live album featuring all (or most) of his hits?

Mr. Ellington said...

One more suggestion...Tell Roy that he should make his music available for downloading (it might introduce his music to a whole new group of fans that otherwise wouldn't have access to his great music).

chaser said...

Thanks. The film will contain tons of live footage and the audio we got from it will become Roy C's first live album. I'll be posting the new trailer in the next week so stay tuned. I am in the process of getting roy to get all his music on digital distribution.
Thanks man. Stay tuned.

Mr. Ellington said...

I'll be checking! I can't wait!! I'm really excited about this project. Hell, I have a few questions to ask the man myself. Hopefully, they'll be answered. The man is responsible for the greatest breakbeat in the history of music.."Impeach The President". I'd like to hear his take on the legal challenges that he faced with everyone and their mama sampling that record.

chaser said...

Yeah, he talks about that. What a beat, man! The new trailer should be done in a week or so.

Mr. Ellington said...

Still waiting on the next trailer

chaser said...

On the way. I have some audio to clean up then BAM!
thanks for checking back.